It’s been a long time since I revisited my bucket list and so I thought that I’d do so today.
The last time I updated it, I had 15 entries:
- To be a bridesmaid
- To visit New Zealand
- To live on the ocean
- To own a Class B motor-home (Roadtrek ideally)
- Day-trip to Frankenmuth & Bronners
- Reschedule & enjoy my belated 45th birthday vacation
- A year-long road trip following 70 degree (21 C) weather throughout the contiguous United States.
- Get out walking, locally and a little further afield on walking trails and then snowshoeing as determined by the weather
- Visit Harrison Hot Springs in BC
- Go indoor skydiving
- Attend the Albuquerque International Balloon Festival
- Train Kai in Rally Obedience
- Stay at the North Beach Cabins
- Swim with dolphins, in the wild
- Attend a regular competition rodeo
Unfortunately I’ve only been able to cross one of these off of my list: #5
#1 – #4, #7, #11, #13 & #14 are long term aspirations, probably more likely to be achieved in retirement. #6 I’ve decided to reschedule for my 50th birthday.
#8 I’ve managed a little of, but my lungs still don’t last very long so I’m still pretty restricted in where I can walk safely. I didn’t snowshoe at all last winter. Hopefully, that will change this coming winter.
#10 is looking pretty unlikely as the nearest indoor skydiving centre seems to be Toronto and my health isn’t good enough to fly down and I’m not sure how well I’d do staying in hotels if I drove down.
#12 While I haven’t trained Kai in Rally Obedience we have been working on some new tasks for him. After I remembered to break down the task into smaller steps and backwards chain the command Kai will now go around my leg and come to a sit between my legs. Unfortunately I had to teach him it twice as I naturally taught him to do it on my dominant side (right) whereas he heels on my left. As I use a hands-free leash with him we’d get in a real mess if he did this to the right while working. I haven’t had to use this new command in public yet but it’s ready for when we need it.
#15 is like #10 and looking unlikely. My health is much better than it was but my sensitivity to my allergens and scents generally remains really high so flying is impossible and to date, I’m not convinced that staying in hotels (assuming I drove) would be any safer.
So it looks like I need a new bucket list, or at least some items on it that I can actually achieve in the next few years. I’m going to have to think about this so watch this space… I’ll be back!